Aaeon’s new PICO-WHU4– A challenger for Raspberry Pi
The PICO-WHU4 is a single board compact computer designed for AI and edge computing capabilities.
We are seeing many developers trying to come up with a development board that is almost as good as Raspberry Pi board or even better. Why won’t they as Raspberry Pi is a special and most popular development board there is. It has set a big standard for this standard. The simplicity Raspberry Pi board offers for complex projects and also offering heavy duty capabilities is what makes it so special. Every DIY electronics enthusiast have their eye on Raspberry Pi.
Here comes another Dev Board claiming to be more robust and powerful than Raspberry Pi—The PICO-WHU4 by AAEON. The PICO-WHU4 is a single board compact computer designed for AI and edge computing capabilities. The company claims it includes a much more powerful processor which can make it a satisfactory substitute to Raspberry Pi.
When compared with Raspberry Pi's most upgraded version, the Raspberry Pi 4 that has Quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC, whereas the PICO-WHU4 is furnished with 8th Generation Intel® Core and Celeron® processors that are accessible in four variations:
1. i7-8665UE (1.7GHz up to 4.4GHz), 2. i5-8365UE (1.6GHz up to 4.1GHz), 3. i3-8145UE (2.2GHz up to 3.9GHz) and 4. 4305UE (2GHz).
PICO-WHU4 also supports expansion cards like AI Core X with Intel® Movidius® Myriad™ X for even more [email protected] processing power.
Additional Specs of the PICO-WHU4:
- RAM: 16GB (Raspberry Pi 4 offers 1GB, 2GB or 4GB)
- Processing speed: 4.45 GHz (Raspberry Pi 4 has 1.5GHz)
- I/O ports: 4 USB ports (including two USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports and two USB 2.0 headers), 2 Ethernet ports and 2 COM headers
- Cooling option available
- Power: 12V
- Operating temperature: 0 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees Celsius
- Dual HDMI ports (HDMI 1.4b)
- GbE x 2, SATA 6.0 Gb/s x 1, GPIO x 4
The beast board costs US $783 which is a lot highly priced if compared to Raspberry Pi 4 price that costs US $35 to US $55 but its impressive specs and crazy capabilities it can offer are worth the price.