MaxBotix Inc. designs and manufactures ultrasonic sensors for a wide variety of applications. Recently Maxbotix announced its unique patent pending Ultrasonic+IR Range Finder –The IRXLMaxSonar – MB2530. The MB2530 is an elite sensor for observing distance and proximity inside 50cm to 1650cm with a 1cm resolution.
This detecting setup makes for fantastic large object discovery while as yet having side object rejection. It is capable of 1.8Hz read rate and three yield alternatives; pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232. The MB2530 additionally includes a confirmed, broadened working temperature ranging from – 40C to 65C. This can make the MB2530 suitable for cargo surveillance applications.
“The MB2530 line of sensors is very small in size, which is less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications. In addition, the MB2530 provides optical reflectance based detection combined with sonar to provide virtually 100% detection of objects.”
Specifications of the Ultrasonic+IR Range Finder – IRXLMaxSonar – MB2530:-
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 1.8Hz reading rate
- 25kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, RS232 Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone
- Maximum Range of 1650 cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 1.65mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Great for cargo detection applications