NVIDIA the giant of graphic cards, had launched a powerful development board last year- The NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit. Obviously the board consisted a dedicated GPU to make it stand out from its competition.
Recently, the company has offered another version of the developer board for sale to the public- The New Nvidia Jetson Nano B01 that includes an extra MIPI CSI connector and some other changes like, support with NVIDIA Jetson Nano production module (with eMMC flash rather than MicroSD card).
The Jetson Nano still packs a Maxwell GPU with 128 centers, yet version 4.3 of its Jetpack software presently underpins TensorRT 6.01 and cuDNN 7.6.3. Software refinements are not by any means the only change however, as the B01 variation likewise incorporates an extra MIPI port for interfacing cameras.
Previously, the Jetson Nano Developer Kit consolidates 4 ARM Cortex-A57 cores that can clock up to 1.43 GHz, alongside 4 GB of RAM. The 100 x 80 x 29 mm board likewise has a microSD card space onboard and four USB 3.0 ports. Then, you can connect the board to outside screens by means of HDMI 2.0 or eDP 1.4 ports. Moreover, the Jetson Nano bolsters Gigabit Ethernet with PoE and has a M.2 opening for connecting a Wi-Fi card. To wrap things up is a 40-pin GPIO header for connecting outside actuators and sensors.
New Nvidia Jetson Nano developer kit-B01 specifications:
- B01 Jetson Nano CPU Module
- 128-core Maxwell GPU
- Quad-core Arm A57 processor @ 1.43 GHz
- System Memory – 4GB 64-bit LPDDR4 @ 25.6 GB/s
- Storage – microSD card slot
- Video Encode – 4K @ 30 | 4x 1080p @ 30 | 9x 720p @ 30 (H.264/H.265)
- Video Decode – 4K @ 60 | 2x 4K @ 30 | 8x 1080p @ 30 | 18x 720p @ 30 (H.264/H.265)
- Dimensions – 70 x 45 mm
- B01 Baseboard
- 260-pin SO-DIMM connector for Jetson Nano module.
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 and eDP 1.4 (video only)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) + 4-pin PoE header
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 Micro-B port for power or device mode
- Camera I/F – 2x MIPI CSI-2 DPHY lanes compatible with Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2
- M.2 Key E socket (PCIe x1, USB 2.0, UART, I2S, and I2C) for wireless networking cards
- 40-pin expansion header with GPIO, I2C, I2S, SPI, UART signals
- Misc – Power LED, 4-pin fan header
- Power Supply – 5V/4A via power barrel or 5V/2A via micro USB port selectable by jumper; optional PoE support
- Dimensions – 100 x 80 x 29 mm (with heatsink)
More changes in the new NVIDIA Jetson Nano like the elimination of the “button” and serial headers, and the power select header (J48) has been moved to the edge of the board. The new baseboard is additionally said to be compatible with the up and coming Jetson Xavier NX module, however as indicated by a forum string utilizing an A02 module with a B01 carrier board won’t work.
You can get the newer version soon from Robu.in. We will announce its arrival shortly.