Now a days Li-ion batteries are most popular to be used in many indoor and outdoor gadgets, these batteries are preferred due to their high charge storage capacity. such batteries are widely used in today’s portable devices. they are compact, more efficient and have a high energy intensity compare other types of batteries.
One drawback of such a battery is that we need to continually monitor their charging and discharging process if we do not do this, it badly affects battery life and also reduces the charge storing capacity. If we discharge such battery below certain voltage range, then the battery cell has a high risk of damage and if we overcharge such battery then it may explode.
To overcome such issues, we can use battery protection and battery charging circuits such as this product. This is Li-ion single cell charger/protection circuit which can be used to charge a single cell of 15 Amp capacity or 2500Mah parallel connected 5 to 6 li-ion cells. In this Mosfets are employed to do the monitoring task which protects our battery cells from overcharge, over discharge and from short circuit.
- Overcharge protection,
- over discharge protection,
- short circuit protection,
- overcurrent protection
- B+ battery positive.
- B- battery negative.
- P+ outputs the positive input for the battery pack
- P- outputs the negative electrode for the battery pack
Specifications and Features :
- Over charge detection voltage : 4.25 + 0.05V
- Over charge release voltage : 4.23 + 0.05V
- discharge detection voltage : 2.45 + 0.1V
- Ceiling continuous current : 12A
- Overcurrent detection current : 15A
- Input Charging voltage : 4.2V
- Product size : 35*7.4*2.2MM
- IC components : DW01+8205A.
Package Includes :
1 x 1S 18650 3.7V lithium battery protection plate 6 MOS