This is a 230V AC 30RPM shaded pole induction motor. The motor has low RPM means high torque which is approx 196N-cm. This motor is widely used across industries. Due to the low starting torques, they are mostly employed in small instruments; toys, small fans, electric clocks, hairdryers, ventilators, circulators, etc.
The 230V AC 30RPM 196N-cm Shaded pole Induction Motor is simply a self-starting single-phase induction motor; whose one of the poles is shaded by the copper ring. The copper ring is also called the shaded ring.
This copper ring acts as a secondary winding for the motor. The shaded pole motor rotates only in one particular direction, and the reverse movement of the motor is not possible.
For more detail information Click here!
- They are suitable for small devices like relays and fans because of their low cost and easy starting.
- Used in exhaust fans, hairdryers and also in table fans.
- Used in air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and cooling fans.
- Record players, tape recorders, projectors, photocopying machines.
- Used for starting electronic clocks and single-phase synchronous timing motors.
- Very cheap and reliable.
- Easy to construct.
- Extremely rugged in nature.
- Low starting torque.
- Since the shading coil is made of copper, the copper loss is high.
1 x 230V AC 30RPM 196N-cm Shaded pole Induction Motor.