The gen4 7.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Modules are part of the latest gen4 series of modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
This hardware bundle includes the 4D Serial Pi Adapter which allows fast and easy hardware interface to virtually any Raspberry Pi board with the standard Raspberry Pi headers and allows you to quickly and easily add a full color dedicated HMI to your project.
The gen4 series was designed specifically for ease of integration and use, with careful consideration for space requirements and functionality.
These specific gen4 modules feature a 7.0” colour TFT LCD display, and come with options for Non-Touch, Restive Touch and Capacitive Touch with Cover Lens Bezel (CLB). They are powered by the well-known 4D Systems Diablo16 Graphics Processor, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The 7.0” Diablo16 Integrated Display Module features a TFT LCD Display, is capable of Touch Detection, micro SD memory Storage, GPIO and Communications, along with multiple millisecond resolution timers, and Audio Generation.
The gen4 Series is 100% compatible with the Workshop4 IDE and its 4 different development environments, providing the User with a wealth of options for programming and controlling their system.
The gen4 series of Integrated Display Modules features a 30 pin ZIF socket, designed for a 30 pin FPC cable, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The gen4 series of modules has been designed to minimize the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product. Application boards can sit flush on the back of the gen4 if required, as the display related electronics sit inside the plastic mounting base, leaving the application board surface clear for User circuitry.
4D Serial Pi Adapter
The 4D Serial Pi Adapter is a simple adapter board designed to provide a serial interface in a convenient form-factor, enabling the Raspberry Pi to connect to a majority of the 4D System display modules with a single 5 pin connection.
The 4D Serial Pi Adapter features a pass through header design, enabling existing Raspberry Pi products to connect to the Raspberry Pi, as if this adapter was not installed. The 4D Serial Pi Adapter utilities only the serial port on the Raspberry Pi.
Information about the Adapter
- Electronic Projects
- Medical equipment
- hospital equipment
- On-board latch type micro-SD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory.
- Dedicated PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card, and for sound generation, for an external amplifier.
- Display full colour images, animations, icons and video clips.
- Supports all available Windows fonts.
- Direct IO connection to the Raspberry Pi
- Simple 5 pin serial interface for 4D System display modules
- Raspberry Pi supplied 5V power for Display Module
- Comes with 5 wire ribbon cable if ordered without a display module. Display module itself includes a 5 wire ribbon cable (this is not the programming cable).
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B and B+, Pi2, Pi3. (Does not use the full width of the header on B+/Pi2/P3)
- Powerful 7.0” Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by DIABLO16.
- 800 x 480 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colors, TFT Screen with integrated 4-wire Resistive Touch Panel (on DT model only), integrated Capacitive Touch (on DCT model only), or non-touch.
- 6 banks of 32750 bytes of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 32Kb of SRAM purely for the User.
- 16 General Purpose I/O pins for user interfacing, which include 4 configurable Analog Inputs.
1 x 4D System 7.0″ gen4 LCD pack compatible with Raspberry Pi