The 7″ Official Raspberry Pi Display with Capacitive Touchscreen gives users the ability to create the all-in-one, integrated projects such as tablets, infotainment systems, and embedded projects!
The 800×480 display connects via an adapter board which handles power and signal conversion. Only two connections to the Pi are required; power from the Pi’s GPIO port and a ribbon cable that connects to the DSI port present on all Raspberry Pi’s. Touchscreen drivers with support for 10-finger touch and an on-screen keyboard will be integrated into the latest Raspbian OS for full functionality without a physical keyboard or mouse.
Note: Raspberry Pi and power supply are NOT included! Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, The display will technically work with the Model A and Model B boards (connecting it to the DSI port on the Pi board), however, the mounting holes on the back of the display will only line up with the newer board designs (A+, B+, Pi 2, and Pi 3).
Note : Raspberry pi display may vary in terms of year version.
- Truly Interactive – the latest software drivers will support a virtual ‘on-screen’ keyboard, so there is no need to plug in a keyboard and mouse.
- Make your own Internet of Things devices including a visual display. Simply connect your Raspberry Pi, develop a Python script to interact with the display, and you’re ready to create your own home automation devices with touchscreen capability.
- A range of educational software and programs available on the Raspberry Pi will be touch-enabled, making learning and programming easier on the Raspberry Pi.
- 10 finger capacitive touch.
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port.
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi.
- Will require the latest version of Raspbian OS to operate correctly.
Official Case for this Display
1 x 7” Touchscreen Display.
1 x Adapter Board.
1 x DSI Ribbon cable.
4 x stand-offs and screws (used to mount the adapter board and Raspberry Pi board to the back of the display.
4 x jumper wires (used to connect the power from the Adapter Board and the GPIO pins on the Pi so the 2Amp power is shared across both units).
Note: Display Stand shown in the picture is not included in the package
adulee (verified owner) –
Perfect with a R Pi 4 for a Roon display
Prashant (verified owner) –
Original Raspberry pi display. Please also make available case for display.
Ravi Karoria (verified owner) –
Genuine raspberry pi dispaly with touch. Highly recommended…
Ravi Karoria –