The ACS712 20A Current Sensor IC (ACS712ELCTR-20A-T) provides economical and precise solutions for AC or DC current sensing in industrial, commercial, and communications systems. The device consists of a precise, low-offset, linear Hall sensor circuit with a copper conduction path located near the surface of the die.
Applied current flowing through this copper conduction path generates a magnetic field that is sensed by the integrated Hall IC and converted into a proportional voltage. Device accuracy is optimized through the close proximity of the magnetic signal to the Hall transducer.
A precise, proportional voltage is provided by the low-offset, chopper-stabilized BiCMOS Hall IC, which is programmed for accuracy after packaging.
- The low-noise analog signal path.
- Device bandwidth is set via the new FILTER pin.
- 5 μs output rise time in response to step input current.
- 80 kHz bandwidth.
- Total output error 1.5% at TA = 25°C.
- Small footprint, low-profile SOIC8 package.
- 1.2 mΩ internal conductor resistance.
- 2.1 kV RMS minimum isolation voltage from pins 1-4 to pins 5-8.
- 5.0 V, single-supply operation.
- 66 to 185 mV/A output sensitivity.
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents.
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy.
- Extremely stable output offset voltage.
- Nearly zero magnetic hystereses.
- Ratiometric output from a supply voltage.
1 x ACS712 20A Current Sensor IC (ACS712ELCTR-20A-T).