Here’s a handy Arduino shield: we’ve had a lot of people looking for a dedicated and well-designed data logging shield. We worked hard to engineer an inexpensive but well-rounded design. This shield makes it easy to add a ‘hard disk’ with gigabytes of storage to your Arduino! Our latest version of this popular shield has all the features of the popular original, and is “R3” compatible so you can use it with just about any Arduino or compatible.
You can be up and running with it in less than 15 minutes – saving data to files on any FAT16 or FAT32 formatted SD card, to be read by any plotting, spreadsheet or analysis program. This tutorial will also show you how to use two free software programs to plot your data. The included RTC (Real Time Clock) can be used to timestamp all your data with the current
Specifications & Features:
- SD card interface works with FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards. Built-in 3.3v level shifter circuitry lets you read or write super fast and prevents damage to your SD card
- A real-time clock (RTC) keeps the time going even when the Arduino is unplugged. The coin cell battery backup lasts for years
- Included libraries and example code for both SD and RTC mean you can get going quickly
- Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry, or sensors.
- Two configurable indicator LEDs
- The onboard 3.3v regulator is both a reliable reference voltage and also reliably runs SD cards that require a lot of power to run
- Uses the “R3 layout” I2C and ICSP/SPI ports so it is compatible with a wide variety of Arduinos and Arduino-compatibles
1 x Adafruit Assembled Data Logging shield for Arduino
Be the first to review “Adafruit Assembled Data Logging shield for Arduino”