STEMMA QT Make a game or robotic controller for any I2C microcontroller or microcomputer with this tiny gamepad breakout board. This design has a 2-axis thumb joystick and 6 momentary buttons (4 large and 2 small). The board communicates with your host microcontroller over I2C so it’s easy to use and doesn’t take up any of your precious analog or digital pins. There is also an optional interrupt pin that can alert your feather when a button has been pressed or released to free up processor time for other tasks.
You can use our Arduino library to control and read data with any compatible microcontroller. We also have CircuitPython/Python code for use with computers or single-board Linux boards.
To get you going fast, this board comes with a STEMMA QT connector, making them easy to interface with. The STEMMA QT connector is compatible with the SparkFun Qwiic I2C connectors. This allows you to make solderless connections between your development board and the gamepad or to chain it with a wide range of other sensors and accessories using a compatible cable and a ‘hub’ board. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop.
This board features Adafruit seesaw technology – a custom-programmed little helper microcontroller that takes the two analog inputs from the joystick, and 6 button inputs, and converts it into a pretty I2C interface. This I2C interface means you don’t ‘lose’ any GPIO or analog inputs, and it works with any and all microcontrollers or microcomputers – even if they don’t have an analog input for the thumbstick!
- Mini I2C gamepad module with seesaw technology.
- STEMMA QT and Qwiic are compatible for easy connectivity.
- Features a compact form factor for portable and space-constrained projects.
- Uses I2C communication protocol for simple integration with microcontrollers.
- Seesaw technology allows for multiple input/output options.
- Includes 8 buttons for game control and user interaction.
- Provides a 4-way D-pad for directional input.
1 x Adafruit Mini I2C Gamepad with seesaw – STEMMA QT / Qwiic.