Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 is the latest camera model released by Raspberry Pi Official in 2023. Arducam has designed two Fixed-Focus camera variants before. This camera adopts Sony 11.9MP IMX708 Image Sensor which can be used to take full HD video as well as still photographs and features an HDR mode of up to 3 megapixels.
The camera is equipped with a 120° wide-angle M12 Lens. Wide-Angle Lens always has a deeper depth of field which can effectively reduce bokeh. A manual focus camera allows you to use it in situations such as macro photographs, low light, etc. where autofocus is difficult to achieve. Meanwhile, it is native to Raspberry Pi and fully supported by libcamera and Picamera2 library.
- Wildlife Photograph
- Machine Learning
- Home Security System
- AI applications
- DSLR Camera Control
- Complementary for Official: An M12 Lens supplement to the Raspberry Pi IMX708 autofocus camera module 3, catering to manual focus favorable use cases.
- Arducam Camera Module 3 Series: Based on back-illuminated stacked CMOS 12-megapixel high-resolution Image Sensor (Sony IMX708) with HDR mode for up to 3-megapixel output on Raspberry Pi. Max Resolution: 4608 × 2592.
- Wide Angle M12 Lens: Armed with a 120°(HFOV) Wide Angle M12 Lens. A wide-angle lens has a deeper depth of field, which can effectively reduce bokeh. At the same time, they can better include foregrounds for landscape photos and improve image quality.
- Manual Focus: Manual Focus cameras are always more suitable in some special conditions. For example, in low-light and macro photography environments, manual focus can obtain a more complete overall contrast of pictures, thereby improving image quality and focus accuracy. In HDR mode, panorama stitching, and other modes, manual focus can decrease different focus layers and blur efficiently.
- Platform Compatibility: Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 4 A/B, equipped with 15-22pin FPC flexible cable. Support used on Raspberry Pi Zero (22-pin FFC flexible cable not included in the package). Support Raspberry Pi Bullseye OS and libcamera command.
1 x Arducam 12MP IMX708 HDR 120° Wide Angle Camera Module with M12 Lens for Raspberry Pi
1 x Manual