This Arducam 5 MP 1080p Sensor OV5647 Mini Camera Video Module for Raspberry Pi is a tiny board at around 25mm x 24mm, which makes it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and image quality are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835/BCM2836 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link that carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixels and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board’s upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing with cameras.
- Cellular phones, PDAs, Toys
- Other battery-powered products
- Can be used in all Raspberry Pi platforms
- Angle of View: 54 x 41 degrees
- Field of View: 2.0 x 1.33 m at 2 m
- Full-frame SLR lens equivalent: 35 mm
- Fixed Focus: 1 m to infinity
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- 15 cm flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector
1 x Arducam 5 MP 1080p Sensor OV5647 Mini Camera Video Module for Raspberry Pi