PTZ is an abbreviation for pan, tilt, and zoom and reflects the movement options of the camera, and a pan–tilt–zoom camera (PTZ camera) is a camera that is capable of remote directional and zoom control. A PTZ camera is not a still camera. Instead, it could move the camera and the lens, and that means a single camera can be used to monitor places that should be covered by multiple ones. You can save a lot of cost and time in purchasing and deploying the camera if a PTZ camera can handle the job. With its moveable lens, you will also be able to zoom the camera to see a specific area that you are interested in. To conclude, it’s “do more with less.”
Note : PCB color may be different .
- First you need to do Hardware setup. You need to make the connections as shown in the link .
- After connection, it is time for the Software setup. Hence go though the link . Follow the Python-OpenCV tutorial and then arducam PTZ camera example .
- To install the Libcamera, You need to follow the commands given in this link . You need to follow all 5 steps given in the link.
- After 3rd step, execute the commands given in the ” List all cameras” and “Specify camera” . The camera will be turned ON and OFF quickly .
- To hold it in ON position, you need to increase the time also. Hence , follow the “autofocus” command. You will see the camera is ON for more time . You can do the focus adjustment as given in the link.
- Real PTZ with servos for directional control and varifocal lens for optical zoom now comes to the Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano / Xavier NX
- Switchable IR Cut through software for your day/night vision
- Make full use of the CSI connector now that a single camera can be used to monitor places that should be covered by multiple ones
- Autofocus control, pan/tilt/zoom keyboard control supported in software
- 8MP IMX219 Camera board
- PTZ Controller Board Connector Part Number: S6B-XH-A-1
- IoT cameras
- Robot cameras
- Wildlife cameras
- Other security and surveillance projects
- 1pcs Arducam PTZ Pan Tilt Zoom Lens
- 1pcs Controller Board
- 1pcs 8MP Camera Board
- 1pcs 15-Pin FPC Cable (11.8 in/30 cm)
- 1pcs XH2.54 Jumper wire with 6Pin Famale Connector (11.8 in/30 cm)