This is ARDUINO MKR IOT CARRIER REV2. With this carrier in combination with any board from the MKR family, you can quickly create your next IoT project without any extra components. This carrier has all you need in sensors and actuators to create cool projects connected to the Internet.
Using the MKR IoT Carrier Rev2 in combination with any board of the MKR family, you can quickly build:
- Environment monitoring stations: Using the sensors on the carrier, you can map different phenomena around you. You can easily measure temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and air quality or detect the movement of the board, and in case you want to expand the sensor you can use any of the grove connectors to connect analog or I2C grove compatible modules. All this information can be stored in the SD card or sent directly to the Arduino IoT Cloud.
- GUI IoT interface: Even if you want to visualize sensor data or design your own user interface, you can use the OLED color display to create your own navigation menus or use the LEDs and the buzzer for feedback.
- Control external devices: Control electronic appliances up to 24 Volts using the two on-board relays. Either you want to turn on or off your reading lamp remotely through the Arduino IoT Cloud Remote app or use any of the sensor data to affect the behavior of the lamp.
The MKR IoT Carrier vs the ARDUINO MKR IOT CARRIER REV2 — what’s the difference?
There are some significant distinctions between ARDUINO MKR IOT CARRIER REV2 and the prior Version of the MKR IoT Carrier. Here are the major differences.
Certain sensors have changed:
- The sensor for humidity (HTS221) and the barometric pressure sensors (LP22HB) is replaced by the sensor BME6688.
- LSM6DS3 was the IMU (LSM6DS3) has been replaced by LSM6DSOX.
Based on feedback from customers, other components have been moved:
- The addition of a useful reset button
- A 90-degree rotation is made by the connectors for relays.
- Positioning the sensor for light (APDS-9960)
- Change of pins that are assigned to relays’ control to pins 1 and 2.
- Change the grove connector designation from pin A5 pin A6
Note: Refer to datasheet & schematic in the ATTACHMENTS section for more info. regd. the product.
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
- Good quality product
- Environment monitoring stations
- GUI IoT interface
1 xArduino Mkr Iot Carrier Rev2 ABX00073