The Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense is an evolution of the traditional Arduino Nano, but featuring a lot more powerful processor, the nRF52840 from Nordic Semiconductors, a 32-bit ARM Cortex -M4 CPU running at 64 MHz. This will allow you to make larger programs than with the Arduino Uno (it has 1MB of program memory, 32 times bigger), and with a lot more variables (the RAM is 128 times bigger). The main processor includes other amazing features like Bluetooth pairing via NFC and ultra-low power consumption modes.
The Nano 33 BLE Sense is Arduino’s 3.3V AI-enabled board in the smallest available form factor: 45x18mm! The Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense is a completely new board on a well-known form factor. It comes with a series of embedded sensors.
Note FYI: Arduino officials have replaced LSM9DS1 (9 axis) with a combination of two IMUs (BMI270 – 6 axis IMU and BMM150 – 3 axis IMU).
Reason for change:
- The IMU (LSM9DS1), the temperature sensor (HTS221), and the power supply (MPM3610) are replaced due to a shortage of these components.
- The additional jumper and test points are added to improve the customer experience.
- Bluetooth pairing via NFC.
- Embedded Artificial Intelligence, running Edge Computing applications (AI) on it using TinyML.
- The communications chipset on the Nano 33 BLE Sense can be both a BLE and Bluetooth client and host device.
- 9-axis inertial sensor that makes this board ideal for wearable devices.
- Humidity, and temperature sensors: to get highly accurate measurements of the environmental conditions.
- Barometric sensor by which you could make a simple weather station.
- Microphone to capture and analyze sound in real-time.
- Gesture, proximity, light color, and light intensity sensor that estimates the room’s luminosity, but also whether someone is moving close to the board.
1 x Arduino Nano 33 Ble Sense with Header