Presenting Arduino Proto Shield Rev3 (Uno Size) from Arduino. The Arduino Prototyping Shield makes it easy for you to design custom circuits. You can solder parts to the prototyping area to create your project, or use it with a small solderless breadboard (not included) to quickly test circuit ideas without having to solder. It’s got extra connections for all of the Arduino I/O pins, and it’s got space to mount through-hole and surface mount integrated circuits. It’s a convenient way to make your custom Arduino circuit into a single module.
- Power: The Proto Shield bring the power from the Arduino standard 5V and GND pins to the two power bus rows placed between the Through Hole package footprint, which can be used for powering the DIP sockets, or for power and ground rows.
- Physical Characteristics: The maximum length and width of the Proto Shield PCB are 2.7 and 2.1 inches respectively. Three screw holes allow the shield to be attached to a surface or case. Note that the distance between digital pins 7 and 8 is 160 mil (0.16″), not an even multiple of the 100 mil spacing of the other pins.
- SPI Connection: On the ICSP connector only 5V, GND and RST are wired to the respective pins on the header. MOSI and MISO are present only on the connector pads.
Note: The color & markings of the board can be different from the image shown depending on the availability.
- SPI header
- 1.0 Arduino pinout, 1 Reset button, 1 ICSP connector
- 14 pins SMD footprint (50 mils pitch)
- 32 double row through Hole pads, standard Arduino breakout layout
- Proto aerea with multiple THT pads, 100 mils pitch
- Large 0.1inch prototyping area
- 14pin SMD footprint (50mils pitch)
- 20pin through hole footprint (100mils pitch)
- Long and easy to solder ground/5V rails
1 x Arduino Proto Shield Rev3 (Uno Size) with headers