The BBC Micro Bit is an open-source hardware ARM-based embedded system designed by the BBC for use in computer education. The BBC micro bit is a handheld, programmable micro-computer that can be used for all sorts of cool creations, from robots to musical instruments – the possibilities are endless.
The micro bit has a website full of coding languages, lesson plans, tutorials, and fun ideas to help The micro bit is completely programmable. That means each of its LEDs can be individually programmed as can its buttons, inputs and outputs, accelerometer, magnetometer and Bluetooth Smart Technology.
We also have Micro bit GO Kit by BBC to getting started with Micro bit. Click the link below to explore it.
Applications: Embedded Design & Development
- 1 x USB Cable(For programming).
- Computer with Internet access.
- A 5×5 LED matrix with 25 red LEDs to light up and can display animated patterns, scrolling text and alphanumeric characters
- Two programmable buttons. Use them as a games controller, or control music on a smartphone
- The on-board motion detector or 3-AXIS digital accelerometer that can detect movement e.g. shake, tilt or free-fall and use it to control motion activated games
- A built-in compass, a 3D magnetometer to sense which direction you’re facing and your movement in degrees and detect the presence of certain metals and magnets
- Bluetooth Smart Technology. Connect the micro: bit to another micro bit, devices, phones, tablets, cameras and other everyday objects
- Five Ring Input and Output (I/O) including power (PWR), ground (GND) and 3 x I/O. The Micro bit can read values from sensors and control things like motors or robots
- 20 pin edge connector: This allows the micro: bit to be connected to other devices such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Galileo and Kano through a standard connector
- Micro-USB controller: This is controlled by a separate processor and presents the Micro bit to a computer as a memory stick
1 x BBC Micro Bit Board
1 x Quick Start Guide
Be the first to review “BBC Micro Bit Pocket Sized, MB80-US – Single Board Computer”