BMP280 Barometric Pressure and Altitude Sensor I2C/SPI Module is a cheapest and tiny Atmospheric Sensor Breakout to measure barometric pressure, and temperature readings all without taking up too much space. Basically, anything you need to know about atmospheric conditions you can find out from this tiny breakout. The BMP280 Breakout has been designed to be used in indoor/outdoor navigation, weather forecasting, home automation, and even personal health and wellness monitoring.
BMP280 Barometric Pressure and Altitude Sensor I2C/SPI Module
This module uses an environmental sensor manufactured by Bosch with temperature, a barometric pressure sensor that is the next generation upgrade to the popular BMP085/BMP180/BMP183 Sensor. This sensor is great for all sorts of weather sensing and can even be used in both I2C and SPI; This precision sensor from Bosch is the best low-cost, precision sensing solution for measuring barometric pressure with ±1 hPa absolute accuracy, and temperature with ±1.0°C accuracy. Because pressure changes with altitude and the pressure measurements are so good; you can also use it as an altimeter with ±1 meter accuracy.
The BMP280 is the next-generation of sensors and is the upgrade to the BMP085/BMP180/BMP183 – with a low altitude noise of 0.25m and the same fast conversion time. It has the same specifications but can use either I2C or SPI. For simple easy wiring, go with I2C. If you want to connect a bunch of sensors without worrying about I2C address collisions, go with SPI.
Note: This Product is available in two different variants (BMP280 and HW-611) with the same working we will ship it randomly.
Specifications and Features :
- Get more precise temperature, atmospheric pressure values, and approximate altitude data
- Enhancement of GPS navigation (e.g. time-to first-fix improvement, dead-reckoning, slope detection)
- Indoor navigation (floor detection, elevator detection)
- Outdoor navigation, leisure and sports applications
- Weather forecast
- Health care applications (e.g. spirometry)
- Vertical velocity indication (e.g. rise/sink speed)
- Libraries and tutorials available for Arduino and other microcontrollers
- Operating Voltage: 1.71V to 3.6V – would typically be operated from 3.3V
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +85 deg. Celsius (full accuracy between 0 and +65 deg. C)
- Peak current: 1.12mA
- Operating Pressure: 300 hPa to 1100 hPa
- Accuracy between 700 to 900hPa and 25 to 40 deg. C: ±0.12hPa and ±1.0m
Package Includes :
1 x BMP280 Barometric Pressure and Altitude Sensor I2C/SPI Module.
1 x Header set (Without Soldered).
dnbakshi07 (verified owner) –
Good product, but it would be better to have a pre soldered one. Also keep in mind that its BMP 280 and not BME 280