COM.GPS is a satellite positioning module in the M5Stack stacking module series. It is developed based on the NEO-M8N module and is equipped with an active antenna. The NEO-M8 can spend a small amount of time, conduct high-sensitivity acquisition, and keep the system low power consumption. NEO-M8N integrates the 72-channel u-Blox M8 GNSS engine, supports multiple GNSS systems: BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS, allowing simultaneous reception 3 Data from a GNSS system. Programmable FLASH is integrated inside the module, which can read and write data. The module’s high sensitivity, small static drift, low power consumption, and compact size are very suitable for applications in vehicles, handheld devices such as PDAs, vehicle monitoring, mobile phones, cameras, and other mobile positioning systems. The UART communication protocol is used between the M5Core and the GPS module, and the serial port connection pins can be modified through the dial switch on the back.
If you want to change the serial port baud rate, please click ( u-center-just-for-Windows ).
Note: In order to get a good signal from the GPS module, please place the module outdoors when using it.
UART protocol: baud rate (default is 9600bps), data bit (8 bits), start bit (1 bit), stop bit (1 bit), check bit (none).
COM.GPS RXD/TXD can be connected to M5Stack’s UART (TX(0/13/17)RX(5/15/16)) by setting the DIP switch, M5Stack Fire GPIO16 /GPIO17 is connected to PSRAM by default. It is recommended to use any one of the remaining two groups of pins.
- GPS-based logistics tracking management
- Driverless car positioning
- Antenna type: external GPS antenna
- External antenna port: SMA
- Can receive data from 3 GNSS systems at the same time
- Horizontal position accuracy: minimum of 2.5m
- GPS module (NEO-M8N) built-in flash memory, through u-center-just-for-Windows upgrade firmware
- Protocol: NMEA, UBX, RTCM
- Industry-leading -167dBm sensitivity
- Backward compatible with NEO‑7 and NEO‑6 series
1 x COM.GPS Module
1 x External Antenna