After the success of MDS40A and with feedback from users, it is now Enhanced Cytron 40Amp DC Motor Driver (Peak 80amp) MDS40B. Enhanced SmartDrive40 is an enhanced version of the MDS40A, it is designed to drive brushed DC motor, ranging from medium to high power motor with current capacity up to 80A peak and 40A continuously.
The MOSFETs are switched at 16 KHz to ensure quiet operation and no annoying whining sound. Besides, it also equipped with a microcontroller unit to provide smart features such as multiple input modes, current limiting, and thermal protection.
Enhanced SmartDrive40 can also be hooked up with another similar unit and operates in the pair. This makes driving a robot with differential drive a truly plug and play experience. This SmartDrive40 is also suitable to use in Combat/Rumble/Fighting Robot as it is able to drive starter motor and operate in RC (Radio Control) mode.
*# Please consider proper wire/cable for the battery and motor, thin jumper wire/cable is not suitable for the high current application. It will affect the performance of driver and motor control. We recommend using AWG14 Red and Black Wire. #*
Note: The Driver has NO Reverse polarity protection Double Check connections before Power On.
- Bi-directional control for a single brushed DC motor.
- Support motor from 10V to 45V.
- Maximum current up to 80A peak, reduce to 40A gradually according to temperature.
- 16 KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- LiPo battery low voltage warning.
- Thermal protection.
- Current limiting base on temperature.
- Multiple input modes: RC (Radio Control), Analog, PWM, Simplified Serial and Packetized Serial.
- On board push button for manual operation.
Enhanced Features :
- Increased Vin range, up to 45VDC, so you can utilize more battery and control higher power motor.
- Responsive current limiting sensor and algorithm to better protect the driver itself and also your motor.
- High Ampere screw terminals for both battery and motor connection.
- Additional terminal for activating or deactivate driver further cut off the power to the motor driver, eliminating the need for the high power switch.
- Use a switching power supply for 5V regulation, higher output current (5V) and improved efficiency.
- Option to add the fan for better heat dissipation, further increase maximum continuous current.
- The ready header for RC receiver connection.
- Protection of overvoltage.
1 x Enhanced Cytron 40Amp DC Motor Driver (Peak 80amp) MDS40B