The Cytron SmartDriveDuo-60 MDDS60 60A supports dual channels, 60A continuous current for each channel. Building a combat/sumo robot become easy, choose motor+wheel, get high power battery, thick wire, connect it to MDDS60, choose an RC controller and you have a robot !! Do check the User’s Manual for details. Quick Start Guide is here.
With knowledge and feedback we gathered from MD10C, MDD10A, MD30C, MDS40A, MDDS10, and MDS160A, Cytron has thrilled to launch this smart motor driver and can’t wait to see what you can do with it.
SmartDriveDuo60 has smart features of MDDS10, with higher continuous current capability, 60Amp each channel. It even has the brushless fan attached to the top cover to cool it! MDDS60 is ready with the capability to accept RC (Radio Control) signal for mix mode drive, analog voltage from the potentiometer, PWM from the microcontroller (Arduino, PIC, or any other microcontroller), and even controlled via UART (serial) command.
The operation modes are configured by the DIP switch on MDDS60. The commonly used configurations are printed on the bottom cover. High current MOSFETs are switching at 16KHz for quiet operation. To cover the driver properly and to mount the fans for cooling, we have added top and bottom cover! Nice!
With the onboard temperature sensor, this smart driver is able to limit the output current stage by stage preventing itself from overheat and burnt! The peak current is 100A for 1 second and it will automatically limit the output current.
Not to forget, to make it RC receiver friendly, we have added 2×3 header pin; with just 2 RC extension cable, the wiring is done, and it takes 1 minutes!
With MDDS60, you can now series up 3 SLA battery to power your motor as it supports up to 45V DC input. And you only require one power input to operate the motor and driver. Don’t worry, 3-cell and 6-cell Lipo battery are within the operating voltage 🙂 Hey! It also comes with battery low voltage warning feature, what else do you need?
- Do use proper wire/cable for battery and motor connection. Think jumper wire/cable cannot support the high current application. We recommend using AWG8 Red and Black multicore wire.
- NO polarity protection, please double check the power input connection.
- Do use proper cable/wire for the battery and load, thin/normal cable/wire will melt and burn.
MDDS60 is upgraded to Rev1.10. There is a component change in the upgraded version. However, it does not affect the performance or the interface. MDDS60 is shipped in upgraded version based on its availability.
- It is DC Brush motor Driver, not for brushless motor
- Single power operation just connects power to battery input.
- Dual Channels, it can drive two brush motor independently, or mixed.
- Operating modes: RC (RC servo signal), Analog, PWM, simplified and packetized UART.
- Support Signed magnitude and Locked Anti-phase in PWM mode.
- Top cover comes with two DC brushless fans to cool the driver.
- Two manual/test buttons for each channel.
- Two output indicator LEDs for each channel.
- Power, Error indicator, RUN status (Left and Right) LEDs
- On board reset button to restart the MCU after changing operation mode.
- Temperature feedback for current limit and prevent overheating of MOSFET.
- Support up to 60A continuous current at room temperature.
- Support up to 100A peak for 1 second. Current will be limited as temperature rises.
- Suitable for combat or sumo robot.
- 16KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- Onboard switching voltage regulator for higher power efficiency.
- Battery low voltage monitoring mode.
- We have tried this driver with single power window motor at 24V, full load without smoke coming out 🙂
1 x Cytron SmartDriveDuo-60 MDDS60 60A Module and 2561 Servo Extension Cable