Compared to DS18B20, LM35, and other common temperature sensors, the MCP9808 is one of the more accurate temperature sensing options, with a typical accuracy of ±0.25°C and maximum accuracy of ±0.5°C over the sensor’s -40°C to +125°C range and precision of +0.0625°C.
The MCP9808 comes with user-programmable registers that allow user-selectable settings such as Shutdown or Low-Power modes and the specification of temperature Alert window limits and critical output limits. When the temperature changes beyond the specified boundary limits, the MCP9808 outputs an Alert signal. The user has the option of setting the Alert output signal polarity as an active-low or active-high comparator output for thermostat operation, or as a temperature Alert interrupt output for microprocessor-based systems.
These features make the MCP9808 ideal for sophisticated, multi-zone, temperature-monitoring applications.
- High-temperature detection accuracy ±0.25°C/±0.5°C (typical/maximum)
- Wide temperature detection range from -40°C to +125°C
- Industrial Freezers and Refrigerators
- Food Processing
- Personal Computers and Servers
- PC Peripherals
- Consumer Electronics
- Operating Voltage: 2.7~5.5V
- Operating Current: 200μA (typical)
±0.25°C (typical) from -40°C to +125°C
±0.5°C (maximum) from -20°C to 100°C
±1°C (maximum) from -40°C to +125°C
- User-Selectable Measurement Resolution: +0.5°C, +0.25°C, +0.125°C, +0.0625°C
- User-Programmable Temperature Alert: Temperature Threshold Alert, Critical Temperature Alert
- Communication Interface: I2C (2.54mm Breakout)
- Dimension: 18.5×23mm/0.73×0.91″
- Mounting Hole Size: 2mm
- Mounting Hole Pitch: 18mm
1 x DFRobot Fermion: MCP9808 High Accuracy I2C Temperature Sensor
Be the first to review “DFRobot Fermion: MCP9808 High Accuracy I2C Temperature Sensor”