The TMF8701 is a time-of-flight (ToF) distance ranging sensor that uses the time difference between light pulses to measure distance. It provides single zone detection of an object irrespective of the color, reflectivity, and texture of the object. The TMF8701 offers high dynamic range and operates in either a proximity mode (1 –10cm) or a ranging mode (10–60cm) for detection sensing. And the device can make highly accurate distance measurements within ±5% and is capable of operation in dark environments and in the presence of sunlight.
A built-in histogram is featured to deliver dynamic cover glass calibration and crosstalk compensation and background light noise is minimized through on-chip sunlight rejection filters.The TMF8701 outputs data through an I2C fast-mode communications interface and an integrated microcontroller, which is featured with all algorithms included on-chip with no need for external optics.
- 21º FOI, detect the object closest to the center
- 10–600mm distance sensing
- Enables dark and sunlight environment distance measurement within ±5%
- A built-in histogram for compensating for dirt and smudges on a cover glass
- 940nm VCSEL Class 1 Eye Safety
- Low power consumption, 940μA power consumption at 10Hz(proximity mode); 26mA power consumption at 60Hz (distance and proximity mode); 0.26μA power-down current consumption (EN=0)
1 x DFRobot Fermion TMF8701 ToF Distance Ranging Sensor
Be the first to review “DFRobot Fermion TMF8701 ToF Distance Ranging Sensor (10-600mm) (Breakout)”