The eSun PETG 3D Filament combines the benefits of ABS and PLA filaments. It is an easy-to-print material with high toughness and heat resistance. PETG filament also offers good layer adhesion and a little bit of flexibility.
PET-G (Polyethylene terephthalate glycol-modified) is a very strong, water-resistant thermoplastic, with the beautiful shiny result. PET is a well-known plastic, as it’s mostly used in the production of soda bottles. In recent years this material has become a very popular material for 3D printing as it combines a number of great properties of both ABS and PLA.
Printing with PETG is almost as easy as PLA and requires little more effort. As the bonding with itself is very strong, the first layer should be squished as much as PLA, as the material may blob around the nozzle ruining your print. The layer adhesion is great, making the end result very strong, and bendable instead of breakable as opposed to PLA. PETG doesn’t adhere very well to other materials, as glue doesn’t have much grip on the material. Another great property of PETG is that the neutral pallets are almost glass-like transparent, giving us the opportunity to deliver awesome translucent colors.
PET-G can be printed with or without heated bed with little to no warping, using 3DLAC, We recommend using a 65 degrees heated bed however, as the print will come loose automatically when cooling down. For extrusion temperature 245 is the optimum temperature, as the lower temperature will result in more stringiness and worse adhesion. During printing, no distinguishable smell should be noticed, however, we do recommend to print in a well-ventilated area.
Suggested Print parameters:
- Print temperature 220-260°C
- Bed heat (optional): 80-90°C
- Print speed 30-60mm/s
- Head movement speed 30-60mm/s
PETG is a fantastic material that has the advantages of both PLA and ABS:
- Strong & Impact resistant
- More flexible than PLA
- Low shrinkage
- Smooth flow
- Higher strength, lower shrinkage, and smoother finish than ABS & PLA
- Combines good strength with ductility, making it a good, tough material for mechanical parts
- Good chemical resistance
- Often features a nice, translucent finish
- Contains UV absorber
- Good hydrophobicity (doesn’t absorb water easily), good for high humidity storage & usage
- Low shrinkage, allowing non-headed bed printing
- Almost odorless during printing.
1 x eSun PETG 1.75mm 3D Printing Filament 1kg-Solid Black