eSun Luminous Rainbow is a modification of standard PLA. Luminous Rainbow has the same easy printing characteristics as PLA and is added with a gorgeous glowing appearance when in the dark. PLA is a biological material refined from corn grains and is naturally degradable, when compared to ABS, PLA does not require a closed chamber, has low shrinkage, no warping, no cracking, and can print large models without irritating odours during printing.
The luminous brightness of this filament is directly related to the intensity and duration spent under a light source. After a good bit of time in direct sunlight or high-density light, your prints will glow with a green starry night effect, but we have another sneaky trick you can use if you’re planning a romantic surprise. The glow effect is intensified best after using an ultraviolet light source which you can use to charge them up, ready to shock your guests with awe!
PLA filament is our personal favourite
It can be printed very easily and without warping – making it perfect for getting started!
PLA FILAMENT ADVANTAGES AND TIPS
The eSun Luminous PLA Glow in the Dark Filament is ideal for beginners looking to venture into using more exotic filaments provided you also equip a stronger nozzle to your printer for these more abrasive filaments. eSun PLA is widely popular for its easy utility, clean smooth finishes, and capability for more stable prints. Good adhesion and forgiving temperature gauge result in a higher success rate to bring your glorious prints to life!
However, we don’t recommend leaving your beautiful new models near extreme heat sources. PLA filament is made of polymer materials, including plastics and, in eSun’s case, extracted corn grain which makes it eco-friendly. But extreme heat will cause it to warp and bend, unlike ABS Filament which has a higher melting temperature.
That said, eSun’s Luminous PLA Filament is compatible with most 3D printers and the Galaxy Black glow in the dark colour is the first of its kind to become available. Beginners and Experienced Makers alike can get excited to experiment and explore with it.
Please Note: Although this filament is based on PLA, the additive used to make it glow is quite abrasive, and as such we recommend getting a Spare Nozzle to use specifically for this filament. Alternatively, you could also choose to equip your 3D Printer with a more durable nozzle like a Hardened Steel Nozzle, a Plated Brass Nozzle or an A2 Tool Steel Nozzle, as well as the ultimate in durability, the Vanadium Nozzles, which will all be able to handle this filament with ease, while also offering slightly improved printing qualities for other filaments too.
1. Luminous PLA is easy to grind nozzle and extruder gear, it is recommended to use steel nozzle or ruby nozzle, hardened steel extruder gear will be perfect if the nozzle is clogging, replace the throat and nozzle.
2. The luminous effect is related to the intensity and time of light source. The longer the irradiation time, the better the luminous effect.
As the filament contains powders, you might want to reduce the chances of clogging by increasing the nozzle size to 0.6 and above. 0.4 has a chance of clogging. Abrasive filament is best equipped with hardened steel to prevent the hole from getting bigger.
If you are using an older nozzle, do cold-pulls. Or Just a lot of hot pulls. They really work! Step 1. Heat up to around 180C, Step 2. Jam down a filament, push it so that it starts to get soft/melt. Pull it up and see all the gunk it brings. Step 3. cut off the dirty 1-2Cm and repeat until clean. This almost fixes any clogs!
Recommended eSun Luminous Pla Filament – Suggested Print Settings:
- Best print temperature: 210-230 °C
- Print bed temperature: 45-60 °C
- Print speed: 40-100mm / s
- Printing Tips: Recommend Heat Bed 45-60°C, Recommend Extruder Temperature: 210-230℃; 1.75mm Filament Diameter (Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05mm). Compatible with 99.9% FDM 3D Printers.
- Glow in the Dark: PLA Luminous-Rainbow can glow in the dark after absorbing light energy, showing the appearance of colorful light, which is very romantic. Luminous brightness is related to the intensity and time of the light source, and the effect of ultraviolet light source is better than direct sunlight.
- Excellent Printability: Easy to print, no warping, good adhesion, no bubbles, extremely high success rate, smooth surface and high accuracy. The printed objects can be used as decoration kits Figure and used in creative field.
- Free & No Plugging: Perfect roundness and very precise diameter tolerance, good winding, no overlapping or tangling. Feeds smoothly and constantly without clogging the nozzle or extruder.
- Vacuumed Packaging: Comes in a bag with a desiccant bag to keep it dry and keep out dust and foreign particles, nozzle jams and yield smooth 3D models.
1 x eSun Luminous Pla PLA 1.75 mm 1 kg Filament for 3D printer – Premium Quality
- 1kg eSun filament on a round spool
- Vacuum sealed with desiccant to protect the filament from moisture!