Pro-Tips while printing with wood Filament:
- With certain wood filaments, using different extruder temperatures will produce slightly different colours for the final printed part.
Using this effect, you can set up different temperatures for different layers of your print in Simplify3D to create a realistic grain pattern on the surface of the printed part.
- Wood filaments are very good at hiding the layer lines between different layers of your print. For simple shapes, you can likely print with a much larger layer height, since the lines between layers will be less visible.
- Many wood-based filaments can be easily post-processed using standard wood sandpaper. This can further smooth and refine the surface finish of your prints.
- Wood-textured finish is aesthetically appealing
- Does not need any expensive wear resistant nozzles
- Aromatic and pleasant smelling.