Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link (GMSL) is a multigigabit, point-to-point connection targeting the automotive space. GMSL supports multistream over a single cable, up to 15m with a coax cable. GMSL is a high performance protocol combined with a secure FAKRA connector making it best suited for robotic and warehouse applications.
The D457 depth camera adds a GMSL serializer and FAKRA connector to the Intel RealSense camera product line. GMSL/FAKRA is a lower power, lower ESD/EMI noise, lower latency and longer cable length compared to USB and higher bandwidth compared to Ethernet.
The camera integrates an IMU to allow your application to refine its depth awareness in any situation where the camera moves. This allows improved environmental awareness for robotics and drones.
The Intel RealSense Depth Camera D457 is our first GMSL/FAKRA high bandwidth stereo camera. The D457 has an IP65 grade enclosure protecting it from dust ingress and projected water.
D457 has an on-board Maxim serializer chip. A Maxim de-serializer is needed at host side to decode the streams.
- D457 has an on-board Maxim serializer chip
- Easy to use
- Light weigh, low power consumptions
- GMSL supports multistream over a single cable
- Point-to-point connection targeting the automotive space
- Use Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
- Image Sensor Technolog: Global Shutter
- Ideal Range: .6 m to 6 m
- Depth Technology Stereoscopic
- Minimum Depth Distance (Min-Z) at Max Resolution: ~52 cm
- Depth Accuracy: <2% at 4 m
- Depth Field of View (FOV): 87° × 58°
- Depth Stream Output Resolution: Up to 1280 × 720
- Depth Stream Output Frame Rate: Up to 90 fps
- RGB Frame Resolution: 1280 × 800
- RGB Frame Rate: 30 fps
- RGB Sensor Technology: Global Shutter
- RGB Sensor FOV: 90° × 65°
- RGB Sensor Resolution: 1 MP
- Camera Module: Intel RealSense Module D450
- Vision Processor Board: Intel RealSense Vision Processor D4
- Form factor: Camera Peripheral
- Camera Dimension (Length × Height × Depth): 124 mm × 29 mm × 36 mm
- Connectors: GMSL/FAKRA
- Mounting Mechanism:
- One 1/4‑20 UNC thread mounting point
- Two M4 thread mounting points
1 x Intel RealSense Depth Camera D457
Be the first to review “Intel RealSense Depth Camera D457”