Mediatek has decided to carry on with its Mediatek Labs endeavours and they’re about to introduce LinkIT Connect 7681, a development board with a Mediatek MT7681 based Wi-Fi module, and access to various GPIOs.
The LinkIt Connect 7681 development board provides you with easy access to the five GPIO pins and one UART port each with an LED of the MediaTek MT7681 chip, to quickly connect peripheral controllers and electronic circuits.
The MT7681 — compact Wi-Fi SoC with embedded TCP/IP stack — is provided on the LinkIt Connect 7681 module, co-designed with AcSiP. This module, which is only 15 x 18mm, is also available separately for direct integration into your product’s PCB. (Also see LinkIt Connect 7681 module). The LinkIt Connect 7681 development board is part of the LinkIt Connect 7681 development platform from MediaTek Labs. This development platform delivers you the tools and documentation to prototype your IoT device and create its final design. LinkIt Connect 7681 development platform from MediaTek Labs.
- Access to the five GPIO pins and one UART port provided by MT7681, with attached LEDs
- WiFi antenna integrated on Linkit 7681 module
- Power over USB (Micro USB port).
- Open source hardware board reference design, including schematics, layouts, and pin details.
- 80MHz Clock Speed
- 1MB Flash & 64KB RAM
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Spec. for Station mode and 802.11 b/g for AP mode
- Onboard reset push-button
A Wiki is provided for the board to help you understand the LinkIt Connect 7681 – Wi-Fi HDK for IoT. Wiki info. contains a short overview, and links to hardware files (free registration required), API reference, a developer’s guide, and the SDK for Linux or Windows (Cygwin required). Key features of the SDK include:
- Libraries for all the MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 APIs, including Smart Connection and FOTA firmware updates
- C-like language
- Command line compiler, based on Andes Development Kit
- Firmware upload tool
- MediaTek Smart Connection app examples for Android and iOS, including source code
- Example source code such as IoTServer, AT Command Parser, Data Command Parser and X-Modem
MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 Developer’s Guide
Above link provides you with a detailed introduction to the MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 SDK, step-by-step installation guide, and details on how to use it to create and run Wi-Fi applications. It also covers how to use the board upgrade tool provided in the SDK, an overview of the APIs and several how-to guides to undertake common Wi-Fi operations with code example. Details on how to create MediaTek Smart Connection apps for Android and iOS are also included.
Install USB Driver:
Connect LinkIt Connect 7681 development board to PC’s USB port using a USB cable. The driver will be automatically installed. (As shown below in Windows7 OS)
Note: If the driver does not install successfully, you can download and install FTDI Driver manually.
- MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 Developer’s Guide
- MediaTek LinkIt Connect 7681 API Reference
- LinkIt Connect 7681 Hardware Reference Design
- MediaTek LinkIt™ Connect 7681 SDK
1 x LinkIt Connect 7681 – Wi-Fi HDK for IoT
Be the first to review “LinkIt Connect 7681 – Wi-Fi HDK for IoT”