The RFM95W/96W/98W incorporates the LoRa TM spread spectrum modem which is capable of achieving significantly longer range than existing systems based on FSK or OOK modulation. With this new modulation scheme sensitivities 8 dB better than FSK can be achieved with a low-cost, low-tolerance, crystal reference. This increase in link budget provides much longer range and robustness without the need for external amplification. LoRa TM also provides significant advances in selectivity and blocking performance, further improving communication reliability. For maximum flexibility the
user may decide on the spread spectrum modulation bandwidth (BW), spreading factor (SF) and error correction rate (CR). Another benefit of the spread modulation is that each spreading factor is orthogonal – thus multiple transmitted signals can occupy the same channel without interfering.
This also permits simple coexistence with existing FSK based systems. Standard GFSK, FSK, OOK, and GMSK modulation is also provided to allow compatibility with existing systems or standards such as wireless MBUS and IEEE 802.15.4g. The RFM95W/96W offers bandwidth options ranging from 125 kHz to 500 kHz with spreading factors ranging from 6 to 12, RFM98W Band3 module options ranging from 20.83kHz to 125kHz with spreading factors ranging from 6 to 12, The RFM95W covers the higher UHF bands. The RFM96W/98W.
- Automated Meter Reading.
- Home and Building Automation.
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems.
- Industrial Monitoring and Control.
- Long rang.
- LoRa TM Modem.
- Excellent blocking immunity.
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution: 61 Hz.
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRa.
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery.
- Preamble detection.
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC.
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator.
- Module Size：16x16mm.
- Programmable bit rate: 300 kbps.
- Dynamic Range RSSI: 127 dB.
- Packet engine: 256 bytes with CRC.
- Low RX current of: 10.3 mA.
- register retention: 200 nA.
- RF output: 3.3V.
- High sensitivity: down to -144 dBm.
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm.
- Maximum link budget: 164 dB .
1 x LoRa module RFM95W-868S2R.