The Brass Heat Set Threaded Round Insert Nuts is used every day for assemblies and components that need to be joined together. When fasteners are used in traditional manufacturing, bolts are often tapped straight into the metal substrates. 3D printed parts are unique from a material and robustness standpoint, therefore threaded holes can wear easily if the fasteners are taken on and off multiple times. Heat-set threaded inserts are your method for success for these types of assemblies.
The Heat Set Threaded Round Insert Nut has been designed for post-mould installation into notch-sensitive thermoplastics using heat. It features very high pull-out and torque resistance.
A heat-set threaded insert has two important features. The inside of the brass piece of hardware has a nice, threaded thru the hole. The exterior has knurls and ridges, so when installed using heat, the plastic can easily flow around and then solidify. Once solidified, the insert is in place, making it resist torque and pull-out.
Note: Product Image and colour may vary slightly from actual product.
Tools you need:
Heat-set threaded Insert Nut
Plastic Body Part
Preparing the threaded insert:
Use the soldering iron on a low setting to preheat the threaded insert using a shallow tapered soldering iron tip.
When the threaded insert is up to temperature (should only take a few seconds) apply the insert to the appropriate hold. Apply a very little amount of pressure and the insert will melt the plastic in the hole and allow the insert to be set in place. The plastic will flow around the knurls of the insert. Be sure to align the insert squarely and flush to the plastic surface. Remove the soldering iron when it is in place.
After a few moments, the threaded insert will be ‘set’ within the plastic. The threaded insert is ready to receive the screw’s threads and the parts can be assembled.
- Heat-Set is designed specifically for notch-sensitive plastics
- Expansion-Sets offer simple press-in installation
- Flow-Sert is a blind insert for installation during the moulding process
- Brass Material Can Resist Heat.
- Not Easy to Rust, Strong Corrosion Resistance.
- Very high pull-out and torque resistance.
- Can be installed by ultrasonic or Heat into thread tapered hole, or moulded in during injection.
- No need to counterbore or countersink the boss hole since the insert has guide pilot.
- Used on the injection moulding for tightly fixing.
Be the first to review “M4 X 8 mm Brass Heat set Threaded Round Insert Nut – 25 Pcs”