Maxbotix manufacture many sensors which can withstand harsh outdoor conditions. When dust, moisture, or harsh handling of the ultrasonic sensor is unavoidable, then this MAXBOTIX MB7138 XL-TrashSonar-WR Ultrasonic Sensor Trash Bin Measurement is ideal for your application.
This is weather resistant Maxbotix Ultrasonic Sensor which can be used in indoor as well as outdoor conditions. The XL-TrashSonar-WR sensor series provide users with robust rang information in the air. These sensors also feature high-power acoustic output along with real-time auto calibration for changing conditions (supply voltage sag, acoustic noise, or electrical noise), operation with the supply voltage from 3.0V to 5.5V, object detection from 0-cm to 350-cm, and sonar range information from 20-cm out to 350-cm with 1-cm resolution. Objects from 0-cm to 20-cm typically range as 20-cm. It has read rate of 6.7Hz.
Features of the weather resistant MB7138, XL-TrashSonar-WR, include centimeter resolution, short to mid-distance detection and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7138 from the XL-TrashSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The XL-TrashSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7138 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Note: This module doesn’t come with F-option(equips chemically inert material’s covering to the sensor) or P-option(applies Parylene coating on the Aluminum transducer) protection. To buy MB7138 XL-TrashSonar-WR ultrasonic sensor with F-option or P-option please contact us at Robu.in support channel.
Full Horn Housing
|Key Shot||IGES File||ACIS 7.0 File||Solid Works Part|
|STL File||STEP File||ParaSolid Part|
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Pulse Width, RS232 serial
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather Resistant (IP67)
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Matches standard electrical pipe fittings for easy mounting
- Mid-range, narrow detection zone
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
Package Includes :
1 x MAXBOTIX MB7138 XL-TrashSonar-WR Ultrasonic Sensor Module
Compatible Mounting Hardware: