The MIC5528 is a low-power, µCap, low-dropout regulator designed for optimal performance in a very small footprint. It is capable of sourcing up to 500mA of output current while only drawing 38µA of operating current. This high-performance LDO is a μCap design in a thermally enhanced 1.2mm x 1.2mm extra thin (0.4mm ht.) DFN package. It operates with a small ceramic output capacitor for stability, thereby reducing the required board space.
Ideal for battery-operated applications, the MIC5528 offers ±2% accuracy, extremely low dropout voltage (260mV @ 500mA), and can regulate output voltages down to 1.0V. Equipped with a TTL logic-compatible enable pin, the MIC5528 can be put into a zero-off-mode current state, drawing no current when disabled.
The MIC5528 is a μCap design, operating with very small ceramic output capacitors for stability, reducing required board space and component cost for space-critical applications. The MIC5528 has an operating junction temperature range of -40°C to 125°C.
- Portable communication equipment
- DSC, GPS, PMP, and PDAs
- Portable medical devices
- 5V POL applications
- Input voltage range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Fixed output voltages down to 1.0V
- +2% Room temperature accuracy
- Low quiescent current 38μA
- Stable with 2.2uF ceramic output capacitors
- Low dropout voltage 260mV @ 500mA
- Auto discharge and internal enable pulldown
- Thermal shutdown and current-limit protection
- 6-pin 1.2mm * 1.2mm extra thin DFN package
1 x MIC5528-3.3YMT-TR MICROCHIP Fixed LDO Voltage Regulator, 2.5V to 5.5V, 260mV Dropout, 3.3Vout, 500mAout, TDFN-6