Air quality 5 click is a triple MOS sensor on a single Click board™, which can detect gas pollution for a number of different gases. The onboard sensor is specially designed to detect the pollution from automobile exhausts, as well as the gas pollution from the industrial or agricultural industry.
This Click board uses the MiCS-6814, a compact MOS sensor with three fully independent sensing elements in one package: RED sensor, OX sensor, and NH3 sensor. Each of these sensors reacts with a specific type of gas, providing gas readings that include carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2), ethanol (C2H5OH), hydrogen (H2), ammonia (NH3), methane (CH4), propane (C3H8), and isobutane (C4H10). Measurement conversion is handled by the onboard 12bit ADC converter and it is available via the I2C interface.
Applications: Various environmental pollution measurement and detection applications, or various types of gas alarms in the automotive industry or production/manufacturing chambers with a high risk of gas poisoning.
Specifications and Features:
- Interface: I2C
- Compatibility: MicroBUS
- Click board size: 42.9 x 25.4 mm
- Input Voltage 3.3V,5V
- On-board modules: MiCS-6814, a compact triple MOS sensor from SGX Sensortech; ADS1015, a low-power 12bit ADC
- with Internal reference and programmable comparator, from Texas Instruments.
- Increased robustness for harsh environments
- Low noise 12bit onboard ADC converter
- Reasonably high accuracy
- Three separate sensors on the same die for sensing of the number of different types of gases.
1 x Mikroe Air quality 5 Click