Hall Current 15 Click as its foundation uses the TMCS1101-Q1, a precise Hall-effect current sensor featuring a 600V isolation working voltage, <1.5% full-scale error across temperature, and device options providing both unidirectional and bidirectional current sensing from Texas Instruments.
The input current flows through an internal 1.8mΩ conductor that generates a magnetic field measured by an integrated Hall-effect sensor and amplified by a precision signal chain. The device has a bandwidth of 80kHz and can be used for AC and DC current measurements. It is optimized for high accuracy and temperature stability, with offset and sensitivity compensated across the operating temperature range.
This Click board™ possesses two ways to communicate with the MCU. The analog output signal of the TMCS1101-Q1 can be converted to a digital value using ADC101C021, a 10-bit resolution analog-to-digital converter from Texas Instruments using a 2-wire I2C compatible interface, or can be sent directly to an analog pin of the mikroBUS™ socket labeled as AN. Selection can be performed by onboard SMD switch labeled as OUT SEL, setting it to an appropriate position marked as AN or ADC. The ADC101C021 can transfer data supporting modes up to High-Speed, alongside its alert function, which provides an interrupt routed to the ALR pin of the mikroBUS™ socket activated when analog input violates a programmable upper or lower limit value.
Applications: Can be used for AC or DC current-sensing in industrial and commercial systems, motor and load control, power factor correction, overcurrent protection, and many more
Specifications and Features:
- Type: Hall Current Sensor Module
- Interface Analog, I2C
- Compatibility mikroBUS
- Click board size: 57.15 x 25.4 mm
- Input Voltage 3.3V or 5V
- High accuracy and precision,
- Excellent linearity and temperature stability
- 3kVRMS isolation rating, robust 600V lifetime working voltage
- Bidirectional and unidirectional current sensing
- On-board modules TMCS1101-Q1 – galvanically isolated Hall-effect current sensor capable of DC or AC current measurement from Texas Instruments
- Hall Current 15 click example on Libstock
- Hall Current 15 click 2D and 3D files
- Hall Current 15 click schematic
- ADC101C021 datasheet
- TMCS1101-Q1 datasheet
1 x Mikroe HALL CURRENT 15 CLICK
Aniket Vatsa –
Aniket Vatsa –