MPU6500 Gyroscope/Accelerometer/Digital Motion Processor(DMP) 6-axis Motion Sensor with I2C/SPI Interface features the MPU-9250, which is a multi-chip module (MCM) consisting of two dies integrated into a single QFN package. It houses the accelerometer and gyroscope. Hence, this MPU-6500 is a 6-axis Motion Tracking device that combines a 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope, and a Digital Motion Processor (DMP). It is based on I2C Address, Address: 0x68 by default, 0x69 if AD0 is pulled high.
The MPU-9250 also features an embedded temperature sensor. This module includes pull-up resistors on the SDA, SCL, and nCS lines, pull-down resistors on the FSYNC and AD0 lines, and an onboard 3.3V voltage regulator allowing you to power the module from 5V sources such as an Arduino. If you desire to power the module from 3.3V you can bridge the solder jumper next to the voltage regulator to bypass the regulator.
NOTE:- There are two versions of MPU 9250
- MPU 6500 + Magnetometer IC sold as 9-Axis Attitude Gyro Accelerometer Magnetometer Sensor Module-Click Here
- MPU 6500 only – Sold as MPU6500 Gyro Accelerometer.
This product is the second Version as Magnetometer IC is not included on PCB.
- FPV, RC, and Robots systems
- GPS navigation systems
- Impact recognition and logging
- Gaming and virtual reality input devices
- Motion-activated functions
- Intelligent power saving for handheld devices
- Vibration monitoring and compensation
- Free-fall detection
We also have a module with the same driver chips but including an extra BMP180(Barometer) driver chip so offering 10 degrees of freedom, click here!
- Acceleration and Gyroscope
- 6 DOF module
- Build-in ultra-low noise linear LDO voltage regulator.
- Built-in onboard filters, which reduce noise from the motor and other high current electronics.
- All sensors are connected to the I2C bus.
- Build-in the Logic level converter for I2C.
- Power indicator LED.
- Using Immersion Gold PCB, machine welding process to ensure quality.
- On-board pull-up resistors on SDA, SCL, and nCS
- On-board pull-down resistors on FSYNC and AD0
Package Includes :
1 x MPU6500 Gyroscope/Accelerometer/Digital Motion Processor (DMP) 6-axis Motion Sensor
1 x Jumper Header(Unsoldered).
Useful Links :
Arduino Forum to access DOF Click Here!