This is GY-87 MPU-9265 3-axis 9-DOF Attitude Gyro Magnetometer Accelerator Sensor Module. GY-87 MPU-9250 9 axis attitude gyro is a 9 degree of freedom (DOF) device which incorporates an MPU6500 accelerometer and gyro chip, and HMC5883L digital compass.
Here MPU 9265 stands for series 92## and 65##.
There are different types of magnetometer are available; the basic differences between MPU6000, MPU6050 and MPU6500 is:
The HMC5883 is a surface mount multi-chip module designed for low field magnetic sensing with a digital interface for applications such as low cost compassing and magnetometry. The HMC5883 includes our state of the art, high-resolution HMC118X series magneto-resistive sensors plus Honeywell developed ASIC containing amplification, automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation, 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2°compass heading accuracy. Applications for the HMC5883 include Mobile Phones, Netbooks, Consumer Electronics, Auto Navigation Systems, and Personal Navigation Devices.
- FPV, RC and Robots systems
- GPS navigation systems
- Impact recognition and logging
- Gaming and virtual reality input devices
- Motion-activated functions
- Intelligent power saving for handheld devices
- Vibration monitoring and compensation
- Free-fall detection
- 6D-orientation detection
We also have a module with same driver chips but including an extra BMP180(Barometer) driver chip so offering 10 degrees of freedom, click here!
- Acceleration, Gyroscope, and Magnetometer
- 9 DOF modules (three-axis gyroscope + triaxial accelerometer and three-axis magnetic field + atmospheric pressure).
- Build-in ultra-low noise linear LDO voltage regulator.
- Built-in onboard filters, which reduce noise from the motor and other high current electronics.
- All sensors connected to the I2C bus.
- Build-in the Logic level converter for I2C.
- Power indicator LED.
- Using Immersion Gold PCB, machine welding process to ensure quality.
Package Includes :
1 x GY-87 MPU-9265 3-axis 9 DOF attitude gyro magnetometer accelerator sensor.
2 x Jumper Header( Unsoldered).
Useful Links :
A library to read values from MPU9250 Click Here!