NVIDIA Jetson TX2 is an embedded system-on-module (SoM) with dual-core NVIDIA Denver2 + quad-core ARM Cortex-A57, 8GB 128-bit LPDDR4 and integrated 256-core Pascal GPU. The Jetson TX2 Developer Kit gives you a fast, easy way to develop hardware and software for the Jetson TX2 AI supercomputer on a module. It exposes the hardware capabilities and interfaces of the developer board comes with design guides and other documentation and are pre-flashed with a Linux development environment.
It also supports NVIDIA Jetpack—a complete SDK that includes the BSP, libraries for deep learning, computer vision, GPU computing, multimedia processing, and much more. Jetson TX2 is based on the 16nm NVIDIA Tegra “Parker” system on a chip (SoC). Jetson TX2 is twice as energy efficient for deep learning inference than its predecessor, Jetson TX1, and offers higher performance than an Intel Xeon Server CPU. This jump in efficiency redefines possibilities for extending advanced AI from the cloud to the edge.
NVIDIA Jetson is the world’s leading AI computing platform for GPU-accelerated parallel processing in mobile embedded systems. Its high-performance, low-power computing for deep learning and computer vision makes it the ideal platform for compute-intensive embedded projects.
Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices typically function as simple gateways for relaying data. They rely on cloud connectivity to perform their heavy lifting and number-crunching. Edge computing is an emerging paradigm that uses local computing to enable analytics at the source of the data. With more than a TFLOP/s of performance, Jetson TX2 is ideal for deploying advanced AI to remote field locations with poor or expensive internet connectivity. Jetson TX2 also offers near-real-time responsiveness and minimal latency—key for intelligent machines that need mission-critical autonomy.
Note: This kit is available for pre-order only, delivery time after order – 15 to 20 days.
- Get the latest development software for PC and TX2 by using JetPack.
- Plug in an HDMI display into Jetson, attach the antennas and USB keyboard & mouse and apply power to boot it up. (User Guide)
- Visit the Embedded Developer Zone and Jetson TX2 Developer Forum to access the latest documentation & downloads.
NVIDIA has released comprehensive documentation and reference designs for the Jetson TX2 module and devkit.
- Module Datasheet: the official module features, ports, signal pin-out, and package specifications.
- Design Guide: detailed technical design and layout information for creating OEM products.
- DevKit Carrier Spec: design info about the reference carrier board from the devkit.
- DevKit Design Files: schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit reference carrier board.
- DevKit CAD Models: 3D STEP file for reference carrier board, heatsink, camera board, and module.
- Camera Design Files: schematics, layout, and design files for the devkit MIPI CSI-2 camera module.
- Thermal Design Guide: mechanical specifications for designing active and passive cooling solutions.
- TX1/TX2 Migration: guide to porting applications and hardware between Jetson TX1 and TX2
- Battery Charger Guide: document for the design of battery charger
- Tegra X2 (Parker) TRM: Technical Reference Manual for NVIDIA TX2 system-on-chip and register data.
- L4T Kernel Docs: documentation for L4T kernel developers (including V4L2/camera drivers).
- Multimedia API Reference: documentation to Argus camera API and V4L2 media codecs
- Accelerated GStreamer Guide: example GStreamer pipelines for accessing H.264/H.265 hardware video codec.
Above is a partial list of documents. Please visit the Downloads Center at Embedded Developer Zone for the full list that’s currently available.
- Developer Kit for the Jetson TX2 module, Includes Jetson TX2 module with NVIDIA Pascal GPU, ARM 128-bit CPUs, 8 GB LPDDR4, 32 GB eMMC, Wi-Fi and BT Ready
- The AI solution for autonomous machines.
- THE MOST ADVANCED PLATFORM FOR AI AT THE EDGE
- NVIDIA Pascal Embedded module loaded with 8GB of memory and 58.4 GB/s of memory bandwidth
- Wi-Fi and BT Ready
1 x NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Developer Board
1 x AC Adaptor
1 x Power Cord
1 x USB Micro-B to USB A Cable
1 x USB Micro-B to Female USB A Cable
4 x Rubber Feet
1 x Quick Start Guide
1 x Safety Booklet
2 x Antennas to Connect to Wi-Fi-Enabled Device