The ODROID-M1 is a single-board computer with a wide range of useful peripherals developed for use in a variety of embedded system applications. To achieve this goal, we have developed various hardware accessories and device driver software over the past 10 months. In addition, RK3568B2, the core brain of ODROID-M1, is considered suitable for embedded application use as the SoC manufacturer (Rockchip) guarantees supply for the next 15 years. Therefore, we expect we can supply the ODROID-M1 boards to our important B2B customers until the year 2036 or beyond.
Note that RK3568B2 is a slightly modified version of the RK3568 to overcome the IC supply chain problem these days. The previous RK3568 metal-can type packaging lead time is much longer than the more common plastic package of the RK3568B2.
Let’s take a look at the main features and peripherals of ODROID-M1.
- An ideal choice for industrial applications due to the guaranteed 15-year availability of key component
- Wide range of connectivity options
- M.2 NVMe for SSDs and PCIe applications
- Dual display capability
- CSI camera support
- USB3 ports are on their own individual controllers (not shared)
- Built-in SATA support
- 3 different audio-out options for a variety of applications
- IR receiver for remote controller
- RTC and backup battery holder (to keep time and date for several months without main power input)
- System LED Indicators:
– Red (POWER) – Solid light when DC power is connected
– Blue (ALIVE) – Flashing “heartbeat” while Kernel is running. Solid On when in the u-boot stage.
1 x ODROID-M1 with 8GByte RAM