PIR (Passive Infrared or Pyroelectric) Motion Sensor from Panasonic has industrial grade, highly reliable and precise and accurate sensor. The PIR sensor detects infra-red radiation in the low infrared spectrum (10µm wavelength) which is emitted by human movement. The sensors are able to detect a change in temperature from object to ambient from as little as 3°C. Changes in the level of detected emission are evaluated by a window comparator, and if the change exceeds the upper or lower threshold the output level of the sensor goes high and can be used to trigger external circuitry.
Applications include burglar alarms, access control, automatic lighting, automatic door opening, and many other applications where detection of personnel is required.
PIR Motion Sensor Applications include:
- Lighting Controls.
- Thermostats and HVAC Systems.
- Smart Home and IoT.
- IP Cameras and Surveillance Systems.
- Digital Signage and more.
Circuit Diagram of PIR Sensor With Arduino:
- Enclosed sensing circuits, high S/N ratio
- Wall Mount Capability. Can Be Mounted On The Corner Of A Wall.
- Limited Field Of View.
- Optimized To Provide Pet Immunity.
- Available In 1 μA, 2 μA, 6 μA, and 170 μA to accommodate Line Voltage Users And Battery Operated Users.
- One Plug And Play Solution Saves Design Time.
- Standard detection type.
- 82° vertical, 100° horizontal detection angle.
- White lens color.
- 170 μA operating current.
- Long Distance(12 m) Detection range.
1 x Panasonic Passive Infrared (PIR) Motion Sensor
yashwanth.chityala (verified owner) –
This device works well!
adding a 10kOhm pulldown resistor b/w ground and data pin helps us retrive the data
mcsekar26 (verified owner) –
Excellent… Solved all my issues with the cheap PIRs