The Boron LTE is a powerful LTE CAT-M1/NB1 enabled development board that can act as either a standalone cellular endpoint or LTE enabled gateway for Particle Mesh networks. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840 and has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Po and deploy your local network in minutes.
The Boron is great for connecting existing projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints where Wi-Fi is missing or unreliable.
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect and manage your IoT fleet. The Device Cloud for Particle Mesh is priced by network. All Particle customers get 3 free months of Device Cloud access for micro networks using a cellular gateway. A micro network is defined as a network with 10 total devices and a single gateway.
Particle Mesh gives every IoT Device a Local Network
Particle Development Kits aren’t just connected to the internet, they’re getaways to the internet and create a local wireless mesh that other devices can join. These devices work together to ensure that messages get where they are going and power products that aren’t possible or economically feasible with Wifi and cellular connectivity.
Particle Mesh gives every IoT device a local network to understand and connect with the world around it, ensuring all the products have the information they need.
For Schematics and Product Handling have a look at the datasheet in the attachments section.
- BUILDING PARTICLE MESH WITH OPENTHREAD
- SELECTING A ROLE FOR YOUR DEVICE
- HOW TO BUILD A WIRELESS MESH NETWORK
- u-blox SARA R410 LTE modem- LTE CAT M1/ NB1 module with global hardware support (MVNO support for US only)- 3GPP Release 13 LTE Cat M1
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
– ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
– Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
– NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- Dual-SIM support: Nano 4FF (unpopulated) and MFF2
- U.FL connector for external antenna
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
1 x Boron LTE Dev Board
1 x Cellular Flex Antenna