The RV-3028-C7 is a SMD Real-Time Clock Module that incorporates an integrated CMOS circuit together with an XTAL. It operates under vacuum in a hermetically sealed ceramic package with metal lid
The RV3028 RTC is factory-calibrated, and is quoted to drift by just ±1 second per million seconds at 25 degrees. This will vary slightly depending on a number of factors. In our testing, we’ve seen performance better than ±2 seconds per million seconds. For comparison, that’s up to five times more accurate than your average digital watch.
The tiny silver oxide battery (8mAh, included) keeps the RTC running when your device (Raspberry Pi or Arduino) is powered off and can sync the time when powered back on. It should last for several years (up to nine in theory, although the battery shelf-life is five years)!
The RV3028 breakout has an I2C interface and is 3.3V or 5V compatible. Like our other PIMORONI breakouts, we’ve designed it so that you can solder a piece of right-angle header onto it and then pop it straight onto the bottom left 5 pins on your Raspberry Pi’s GPIO header (pins 1, 3, 5, 6, 9).
It’s also compatible with our fancy Breakout Garden, where using breakouts is as easy as just popping it into one of the six slots and starting to grow your project, create, and code
- Easy to use
- Color: Black
- Small in size
- I2C interface (address 0x52)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Raspberry Pi-compatible pinout (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Compatible with Arduino
- Automatic Backup Switchover and Trickle Charger function
- Non-volatile configuration settings with user programmable offset value
- Compatible with all 40-pin Raspberry Pi models (Python library)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico (C++/MicroPython libraries)
1 x PIMORONI RV3028 Real-Time Clock (RTC) Breakout