Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest product in the popular Raspberry Pi range of computers. It offers ground-breaking increases in processor speed, multimedia performance, memory, and connectivity compared to the prior-generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ while retaining backward compatibility and similar power consumption. For the end-user, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B provides desktop performance comparable to entry-level x86 PC systems.
Explore all the latest Official Updates and New Products and Accessories range and buy Raspberry Pi at Robu.in
- With one of the latest Broadcom 2711, Quad-Core Cortex A72 (ARM V8-A) 64-bit SoC Clocked at 1.5GHz processor improved power consumptions and thermals on the Pi 4+Bmeans that the CPU on the BCM2837 SoC can now run at 1.5GHz, a 20% increase on the previous Pi 3 model (which ran at 1.2GHz).
- Video performance on Pi 4 B is also upgraded with dual-display support at resolutions up to 4K via a pair of micro-HDMI ports, hardware video decode at up to 4Kp60 which supports H 265 Decode (4Kp60), H.264, and MPEG-4 decode (1080p60).
- A significant change on the Pi 4 B compared to the previous Pi 3 models is the inclusion of a new faster, dual-band wireless chip with 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN.
- The dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN enables faster networking with less interference and the new PCB antenna technology allows better reception.
- The latest 5.0 Bluetooth allows you to use a wireless keyboard/trackpad with more range than before without extra dongles, keeping things nice and tidy.
Enhanced Ethernet Connectivity:
- The Pi 4 B has significantly faster-wired networking with USB 3.0 technology; thanks to an upgraded USB/LAN chip; and you should see speeds that are 10x faster than on previous models of the Pi.
- The GPIO header remains the same; with 40 pins, fully backwards-compatible with previous boards as on the previous three models of Pi. However, we can note that the new PoE header pins may contact components on the underside of some HATs, like Rainbow HAT. Some standoffs will prevent any mischief from occurring though!.
Software & OS
- Download NOOBS. here. Beginners should start with the NOOBS (New Out Of Box Software) operating system installation manager; which gives the user a choice of an operating system from the standard distributions.
- Raspbian is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi. Find help with installing Raspbian on your Pi in our online Getting Started guide.
- You can browse basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspbian, find more detail about the Raspbian operating system, or read the information on fundamental Linux usage and commands for navigating the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users.
- To explore all other Operating Systems supported by Raspberry Pi 4 click here.
You may also be interested in:
- To Buy Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 4 GB RAM
- To Buy Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 8GB RAM
- Acrylic Case for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
- Raspberry Pi Official Accessories
1 x Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 2 GB RAM