After a long wait of almost 7 years, the Raspberry Pi released the camera-3 series, the successor to the Camera module 2 series. This newest addition of Raspberry Pi Camera 3 NoIR to the Raspberry Pi mainstream camera lineup replaces the wildly successful Camera Module 2, which was introduced in April 2016.
The all-new Raspberry Pi Camera 3 Standard/Wide is a camera for Raspberry Pi computers. Featuring autofocus and a 12-megapixel sensor and supported by Raspberry Pi’s Picamera2 Python library, Camera Module 3 gives you excellent image quality with precise control.
Raspberry Pi Camera 3 NoIR came up with significant improvements over Camera Module 2, which is built around a 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor. Additionally, Camera Module 3 is offered with a normal (76°) or wide-angle (120°) lens, as well as in regular and infrared-sensitive (NoIR) versions.
- The standard variant is designed to take pictures in normal light.
- The NoIR variant doesn’t have an infrared filter, so you can use it together with an infrared light source to take pictures in the dark.
- Back-illuminated and stacked CMOS 12-megapixel image sensor (Sony IMX708)
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for rapid autofocus
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- HDR mode (up to 3-megapixel output)
- CSI-2 serial data output
- 2-wire serial communication (supports I2C fast mode and fast-mode plus)
- 2-wire serial control of focus mechanism
- Improved low-light sensitivity.
- High dynamic range (HDR) support.
- Sony IMX708 12MP sensor with 12C-controlled focus actuator
- Large 7.4mm diagonal sensor
- Resolution: 12 Megapixel
- Diagonal Viewing Angle: 76º
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi*
*Note: To connect with Raspberry Pi Zero models this camera requires a special camera cable. Buy Now
1 x Raspberry Pi Camera 3 NoIR – Wide
|SKU||Product Name||Click to Open|
|1441079||Raspberry pi Camera 3||View|
|1445416||Raspberry pi Camera 3 Noir||View|
|1445417||Raspberry pi Camera 3 Wide Noir||View|
|1445388||Raspberry pi Camera 3 Wide||View|
|1445389||Raspberry pi HQ Camera – M12 Mount||View|