After a long wait of almost 7 years, the Raspberry Pi released the camera-3 series, the successor to the Camera module 2 series. This newest addition to the Raspberry Pi mainstream camera lineup replaces the wildly successful Camera Module 2, which was introduced in April 2016.
The all-new Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 Standard/Wide is a camera for Raspberry Pi computers. Featuring autofocus and a 12-megapixel sensor supported by Raspberry Pi’s Picamera2 Python library, Camera Module 3 gives you excellent image quality with precise control.
Camera Module 3 came up with significant improvements over Camera Module 2, which is built around a 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor. Additionally, Camera Module 3 is offered with a normal (76°) or wide-angle (120°) lens, as well as in regular and infrared-sensitive (NoIR) versions.
- The standard variant is designed to take pictures in normal light.
- The NoIR variant doesn’t have an infrared filter, so you can use it together with an infrared light source to take pictures in the dark.
Below is the short spec comparison of all variants:
- Back-illuminated and stacked CMOS 12-megapixel image sensor (Sony IMX708)
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for rapid autofocus
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- HDR mode (up to 3-megapixel output)
- CSI-2 serial data output
- 2-wire serial communication (supports I2C fast mode and fast-mode plus)
- 2-wire serial control of focus mechanism
- Improved low-light sensitivity.
- High dynamic range (HDR) support.
- Sony IMX708 12MP sensor with 12C-controlled focus actuator
- Large 7.4mm diagonal sensor
- Resolution: 12 Megapixel
- Diagonal Viewing Angle: 76º
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi*
*Note: To connect with Raspberry Pi Zero models this camera requires a special camera cable. Buy Now
1 x Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3
Links to all Variants:
|SKU||Product Name||Click to Open|
|1441079||Raspberry pi Camera 3||View|
|1445416||Raspberry pi Camera 3 Noir||View|
|1445417||Raspberry pi Camera 3 Wide Noir||View|
|1445388||Raspberry pi Camera 3 Wide||View|
|1445389||Raspberry pi HQ Camera – M12 Mount||View|
Vishal (verified owner) –
Nice upgrade to the v2 camera.