The 5MP Raspberry Pi 3/4 Model B Camera Module Rev 1.3 with Cable equips flexible cable for attaching with Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. The 5MP camera module is perfect for small Raspberry Pi projects which have very little space allowance just boot up the latest version of Raspbian and you are good to go!!!
The high-definition 5MP camera delivers outstanding photos but can also shoot video, ideal for drones or CCTV projects. The lightweight camera board allows for it is useful in more practical roles, such as a hidden camera, or even a camera for a Pi phone.
This Raspberry Pi Camera Module is a custom-designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board’s upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, therefore it is designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data.
No adapters are required! This camera will plug directly into the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B camera port!
- Soft cable, 90-degree vertical connector, HDMI port next to it. When connecting the contact side facing the HDMI interface.
- Tear protective film on the lens
- Bare boards, pay attention to ESD damage, and beware of static electricity!
- RPi firmware and raspi-config have been updated to the camera, do an apt-get update; apt-get upgrade;
- Raspi-config, select the camera, start RPi firmware camera driver, and then restart
- Using the command-line programs raspivid and raspistill operate a camera to capture video clips or images
- To capture video clips need to play with MPlayer
- How will the data through the network camera live broadcast out:
- By nc command (ncat – Concatenate and redirect sockets) of the input data of the camera, directly to the output ports of the network redirection.
Important Note!! This module is only capable of taking pictures and video, not sound.
- Supported Video Formats: 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps and 640x480p 60/90 video
Fully Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 and 4Model B.
- Small and lightweight camera module.
- Plug-n-Play camera for Raspberry Pi 3 and 4 Model B.
Package Includes :
1 x 5MP Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Camera Module Rev 1.3 with Cable
100rabh.roddey (verified owner) –
Works like Plug and Play on RPi4 and OctoPrint. It needs lights if you plan to keep your printer in a dark room. Still way worth the price.
pawarrushikant (verified owner) –
I am a proper buyer and using it since a week now and here is my review
What i liked :
1) Easy install
2) Best picture quality even if so tiny..!!
3) works great
What i did not liked at all :
1) Camera is so delicate, so tiny tiny tiny. One would need magnifier lenses to see it..
2) It must be handled very softly, its camera mounted on its own board is loose and it keeps sleeping which fears me a lot and i am using it like i am handling a diamond. But diamonds are strong and this one is delicate.
3) It would have been better if USB camera with wire but delicate camera with data cable like old hard discs, make it un easy to handle and wire
Nagarajan (verified owner) –
All well. Working as desired. Thumbs up to ROBU
Akshay (verified owner) –
As usual Robu’s packaging was good, fast delivery.
About cam, yes it worked. I was expecting wide angle view but it’s ok. It’s like ur normal mobile cam. Quality of video is good. Creating around 80k mn of file on Py.
Tried it for continues 5 hours keeping on. Slightly heated after 30min but the temperature was constant.
About 20% of cpu consumed for the live video streaming.
Overall good for the basic images and only for the live e view purpose
Vineet Ranjan (verified owner) –
Working proper;y with my Raspberry Pi 3 B+. Video quality is also very good.
Vineet Ranjan –
for.rsk (verified owner) –
Module was inside a anti-static cover..so that really good.
Worked really well when connected to Pi. The photo and video quality was great (for 5MP camera).
Usage on Pi was easy-pesy 🙂