The DAC PRO is a HAT-compliant add-on accessory for the Raspberry Pi. The DAC PRO users the Texas Instruments PCM5242 to deliver outstanding Signal to Noise Ratio and supports Balanced / Differential out in parallel to Phono / RCA line-level output. It also includes a dedicated headphone amplifier.
The DAC PRO can be connected to the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/RPi2/RPi3 or PRi4’s 40way pin header without any additional soldering. The DAC PRO is powered by the Raspberry Pi. Component selection and track layout have been at the forefront of our design to ensure noise immunity and the best possible audio playback with the DAC PRO.
The DAC PRO exposes two 3 pin headers (P7/P9) used by the optional XLR board to provide Differential / Balanced output exposed by XLR sockets above the Raspberry Pi’s USB/Ethernet ports.
P1: Analogue out (0..2VRMS), carries GPIO27, MUTE signal (headphone detect), Left and Right Audio, and Left and Right Ground.
P6: Headphone socket signals (pin1: LEFT, 2:GROUND, 3: RIGHT, 4:GROUND, 5:DETECT).
P7/9: Differential (0..4VRMS) output (P7:LEFT, P9: RIGHT).
P10: Alternative 5v input, powering the Raspberry Pi in parallel.
- HAT compliant
- Full HD 24-bit/192 kHz audio support
- Integrated volume control (ALSA)
- Built-in high-quality headphone amplifier (TI TPA6133A)
- High-quality sound: SNR 114 dB and THD -94 dB
- Burr-Brown 32-bit / 384 kHz DAC (TI PCM5242)
- ESD security
- Communication via I2S interface to reduce the load on Raspberry Pi processor
- Powered by Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply required
- Two Phono / RCA connectors
- JST pins for balanced XLR output (not supplied)
- Mini DSP
- For connection to the AMP+, 2×5 pins are required
1 x Raspberry PI IQaudio DAC Pro