An INDEX PULSE is a digital signal generated from an incremental encoder on an individual output channel, once per revolution. This unique pulse may be used for several purposes: In conjunction with a counter, it can be used to track the total number of shaft rotations This type of encoder outputs a pulse string in response to the amount of rotational displacement of the shaft. A separate counter counts the number of output pulses to determine the amount of rotation based on the count
In automation applications, Incremental Photoelectric Rotary Encoder 1000PPR/4000CPR With Index Solid Shaft are used as sensors for angle, position, speed, and acceleration. By using spindles, gear racks, measuring wheels or cable pulls, linear movements can also be monitor by a rotary encoder. Rotary encoders convert a mechanical rotation value into an electrical signal that can be processed by counters, tachometers, logic controllers and industrial PCs.
Encoders are available with a choice of outputs. Incremental encoders generate a series of pulses as they move. These pulses can be used to measure speed or be fed to a counter to keep track of position. Absolute encoders generate multi-bit digital words that indicate actual position directly. Incremental Photoelectric Rotary Encoder 1000PPR/4000CPR WITH INDEX Solid Shaft can be used in a wide variety of applications. They act as feedback transducers for motor-speed control, as sensors for measuring, cutting and positioning, and as input for speed and rate controls.
- Door control devices
- Assembly machines
- Labeling machines
- Lens grinding machines
- x/y indication
- Analysis devices
- Testing machines
- Drilling machines
- Ultrasonic welding
- Mixing machines
- Converting machinery
- Medical equipment
- Consider Adding Pull up resistor to All A-B-Z phase of the encoder output to avoid the effect of interference in output and get the precise logical output value from encoder
- Also adding pull up resistor to all phase output line protects the open collector output-triode from damage due to direct Vcc supply short circuit.
- High reliability, long life
- Anti-jamming performance
- Small size, lightweight, compact structure
- Easy installation
- High resolution, High quality, line interface with waterproof protection
- Max Response Frequency : 100KHz-300KHz.
- Operating Temperature: -25 ~ 105°C.
- The output circuit NPN open collector output type.
- CE, RoHS Authentication.
- Can identify the direction of the count pulse signal generated by the rotation of the grating disc and optocoupler.
Package Includes :
1 x ROTARY ENCODER 1000PPR/4000CPR