RPLIDAR S2 is a new generation of low-cost two-dimensional laser ranging radar (LIDAR), which can perform a 360-degree omni-directional laser ranging scan within a 30-meter radius of a two-dimensional plane, and generate a flat point cloud map of the space in which it is located information. These cloud map information can be used in practical applications such as map surveying and mapping, robot positioning and navigation, and object/environment modelling.
RPLIDAR S2 adopts laser time-of-flight ranging technology, coupled with the high-speed laser acquisition and processing mechanism developed by SLAMTEC, which can perform 32,000 ranging actions per second. It uses non-contact energy and signal transmission technology, overcomes the life limitation of traditional lidar, and can operate reliably and stably for a long time.
Compared with other series of lidars, RPLIDAR S2 has more stable ranging performance when detecting long-distance objects, switching between black and white objects, and strong light directing objects. It can achieve ideal mapping within a 30-meter ranging radius in indoor and outdoor environments. As a result, the scope of application can be expanded to more consumer-level commercial scenarios.
- Universal simultaneous positioning and mapping (SLAM)
- Environmental scanning and 3D reconstruction
- Service robots and industrial fields that need to work continuously for a long time
- Navigation and positioning of home care/cleaning robots
- General robot navigation and positioning
- Positioning and obstacle detection of smart toys
- High-speed laser ranging sampling capability of 32,000 times per second
- Non-contact energy and signal transmission technology
- Reliable and stable operation for a long time
- Coverage area with a radius of 30 meters on a two-dimensional plane
- 360° omnidirectional laser ranging scanning
- Excellent application in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Built-in speed detection and adaptive system
- Cost reduction because there is no need to provide a complex power supply system
- The emitted laser power complies with IEC-60825 Class 1 human eye safety level
Package Includes :
- RPLIDAR S2 module (built-in PWM motor driver)
- USB adapter
- Micro-USB cable
- Power cable