The Sabertooth Dual 25A Motor Driver is one of the most versatile, efficient and easy to use dual motor drivers on the market. It is suitable for high powered robots – up to 100lbs in combat or 300lbs for general purpose robotics.
Out of the box, the Sabertooth can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 25A each. Peak currents of 50A per channel are achievable for a few seconds. Overcurrent and thermal protection, it means you’ll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor.
Sabertooth allows you to control two motors with analog voltage, radio control, serial and packetized serial. You can build many different robots of increasing complexity for years to come with a Sabertooth. Sabertooth has independent and speed+direction operating modes, making it the ideal driver for differential drive (tank style) robots and more.
The operating mode is set with the onboard DIP switches so there are no jumpers to lose. Sabertooth features screw terminal connectors – making it possible for you to build a robot without even soldering. Sabertooth is the first synchronous regenerative motor driver in its class. The regenerative topology means that your batteries get recharged whenever you command your robot to slow down or reverse. Sabertooth also allows you to make very fast stops and reverses – giving your robot a quick and nimble edge.
Sabertooth has a built-in 5V 1A Switch-mode BEC that can provide power to a microcontroller or R/C receiver, as well as 3-4 standard analog servos. The lithium cutoff mode allows Sabertooth to operate safely with lithium ion and lithium polymer battery packs – the highest energy density batteries available.
Sabertooth’s transistors are switched at ultrasonic speeds (32kHz) for silent operation.
Sabertooth 2X25 uses 1.3 milliohm MOSFETs in its bridge. Going by our competitor’s ridiculous rating schemes this would make it a dual 190A motor driver!
Use of our motor drivers with cheap AC adapters is not recommended. Use a battery or at least put a battery in parallel with a DC supply.
1 x Sabertooth Dual 25A Motor Driver
1 x Mounting Nut Bolt Set and Quick Start Guide Manual
- 25A continuous, 50A peak per channel
6-30V nominal, 33.6V absolute maximum
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultra-sonic switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Lithium protection mode
- Input modes: Analog, R/C, simplified serial, packetized serial
- Dimensions: 65 x 80 x 21 mm (LXWXH)
- Weight: 93ngms
- Combat robots up to 100lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 300lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps, conveyors, automation and any application that uses two brushed DC motors
Attachments and Links:
- Sabertooth DIP Switch Wizard
- Motor driver efficiency comparison
- Sample RPM versus throttle graph
- DEScribe Manual
- Using a SyRen/Sabertooth with an ATX (or similar) DC power supply
- Packetized mode with a PIC and Sabertooth
- Using Sabertooth with Roborealm
- Arduino libraries
- .NET (C#, VB) library
- DEScribe PC software