Sabertooth Dual 32A Motor Driver is a dual channel motor driver capable of supplying 32 amps to two motors, with peak currents up to 64 amps per motor. It can be operated from radio control, analog, TTL serial or USB inputs. It uses regenerative drive and braking for efficient operation. A variety of operating modes including tank style mixing and automatic calibration allow most projects to work immediately out of the box.
In addition to the standard operating modes, Sabertooth 2×32 features additional signal inputs and power outputs, as well as enhanced configuration options. User-defined operating modes allow for custom operation, such as switching between radio control and computer-driven inputs on the fly, emergency stops or front panel control overrides.
The auxiliary power outputs can be configured to allow the Sabertooth 2×32 to operate from a power supply without a parallel battery or automatic control of electromagnetic brakes. When combined with Dimension Engineering’s Kangaroo x2 motion control module, the Sabertooth 2×32 can be used for closed-loop position or speed control with encoder or analog feedback.
The state of the driver can be monitored in real time using the USB port in any operating mode, making debugging your project faster and easier. Sabertooth 2×32 is more flexible, robust and powerful than previous motor drivers, while also being easier to use.
- Combat robots up to 100lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 300lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps, conveyors
- Automation and any application that uses two brushed DC motors
- 32A continuous, 64A peak per channel
- 6-30V nominal, 33.6V absolute maximum
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultrasonic 30 kHz switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Battery protection mode
- USB control and monitoring
- USB serial converter mode for Kangaroo x2
- Configurable current limiting
- Custom user modes
- 12-bit motor outputs
- Input modes: analog, R/C, serial (plain text or packetized), USB
- Power outputs can act as voltage clamps, brakes, or be controllable
1 x Sabertooth Dual 32A Motor Driver
1 x Mounting Nut Bolt Set and Quick Start Guide Manual
sanjay upadhyay (verified owner) –
I purchased this two years back. They are the ultimate driver for heavy motor. They take very less pin from your micro controller and very reliable product. The packaging are the ultimate from Robu. You most have the product.
sanjay upadhyay –